Discover Adventure once again return with their cockney-themed 26.2 mile ‘marathon’ walk (half-marathon option also available) which takes in famous landmarks and lesser-known corners of the historic capital.
The route will take you towards the church of St-Mary-le-Bow, centre of London's Cockney heritage, while having fun learning the old cockney rhyming slang (some of which you will have to figure out yourself as you go along!).
This is a tough challenge and you can expect tired pins, but there’s plenty for you to take in along the way! With plenty of sights, it could be one of the most memorable things you do this year – you won’t Adam & Eve it!
Ready to take to the streets of London? Here’s what you need to do next:
- Registration fee is £25 plus £100 minimum sponsorship
- For more information and to register for this marathon walk, visit: www.discoveradventure.com/challenges/london-marathon-walk (Don’t forget to select Autism Wessex as your chosen charity)
- Our sponsorship form can help you with your fundraising.
- To reach a wider audience, it’s also a good idea to create an online sponsorship page: https://www.justgiving.com/twas
- We love hearing from our supporters, so please do keep us in the loop so we can celebrate your achievements @AutismWessex
We hope you enjoy the walk and thank you for your support – you’re amazing!